Well i have experimented on tandoori chicken without using a tan door.
sounds strange but as i am away from india i dont have the tan door.
yeah but the chicken can be grilled in the oven also but i have used simple frying pan and cooked it on the gas.
This is a post from the archive but i would like to re-post it for the event Potluck chicken
hosted by viki
Chicken - 300 gms
- Ginger paste- 1 tspn
- Garlic paste- 1 tspn
- Vinegar - 1 tbspn
- Lime juice - 1 tbspn
- Curd - 2 tbspn
- Chicken masala - 2 tspn
- Red color powder - a pinch ( optional)
- salt - acc to taste.
The chicken masala which i usually use is "sakthi chilli chicken "
- wash the chicken and make small incisions on it (with fork or knife) and set it aside
- in a bowl add ginger garlic paste and all the above mentioned ingredients for marination
- stir it properly so that the masala gets dissolved
- then add the chicken pieces and mix it well
- now this has to kept it in the refrigerator for to 1 to 2 hrs for proper marination
- sometimes i keep it overnight( depends upon the availability of time)
- Heat about 1 tbspn of oil in the frying pan
- when its hot add the marinated chicken pieces
- make sure the flame is low
- occasionally brush it with oil n make sure to turn it
- keep cooking for about 10 to 12 mins
- here we go tasty chicken is ready