yesterday i had spent a considerable amount of time Baking ! i beginning to fall in love witht he baking process.. i feel so elated when the result turns out good , as though i have done a magic :-)
i had so many recipes bookmarked to be tried and one such is the pound cake from
Finger Licking Food by Namratha...
i have followed her recipe dint change even a thing.. the original recipe is here
but still i will give the recipe
The cake came out awesome and i have been snacking on it since yesterday !
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 tbsp Baking powder
¼ tsp Salt
1 cup Sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temp
4 eggs, at room temp
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Centre a rack in the oven and preheat oven to 325F.
- Butter a 9 x 5” loaf pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- Whisk flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in another bowl on high speed for 5 minutes, till light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on medium speed, add one egg at a time. Beat 1-2 minutes after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Turn the speed to low, and add the flour little at a time, just until incorporated. Do not overmix it. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Place in the centre of the rack in oven and bake for 70-75 minutes. The cake is done when a knife inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and transfer loaf pan to a rack. Let rest for 30 minutes, and then invert onto rack. Cool completely before slicing and storing.
Slicing: Slice it with a long serrated knife using a sawing motion. You can slice it thin or thick depending on what you are using it for.
Storing: Wrap the pound cake tightly with cling wrap and let sit on your kitchen counter. This tastes better the longer it sits. If wrapped well, the cake will hold good for 5-7 days at room temperature.