This is one of the most easiest tiffin items.
i have submitted a recipe of upma without vegetables but u can add ur choice of vegetables to this.
Rava/Sooji - 1 1/2 cups
Onion - 1 big
Green chillies - 4 to 5
Curry leaves - a bunch
Mustard - 1 tspn
Urad dal- 1/2 tspn
Channa dal - 1/2 tspn
Ginger grated - 1/2 tspn
Water- 2 cups
Salt - acc to taste
Oil - 1 tbspn
- Heat oil in a pan and then add mustard seeds n urad dal n allow it to splutter
- then add the channa dal n curry leaves n saute it for few secs. when the curry leaves begin to become crisp add the grated ginger n green chillies slit lenghtwise
- saute for few secs and add the onions which are cut lenghtwise and keep frying till they become golden brown.
- at this stage add water n salt and close the pan with a tight lid
- allow the water to boil and when it has almost reduced to half add the rava n keep stirring
- care shud be taken while doing this or it might get clustered
- i prefer to have my upma dry for those of u who dont want it dry can increase the amount of water.
- now reduce the flame and keep it closed for 5- 7 mins
- remove from flame n relish it with pickle / chutney/sugar